About Me

My photo
Introducing one-self is not easy,its like giving an open book exam.You have all the resources available with you in exam but you prefer to write what you remember rather than wasting time in searching. Similarly while you introduce your self, you see what other's introductions are having & just copy and paste their hobby as your Hobby, their interest as your interest. You never see whats there inside you. I never find easy to articulate my self so here I am....expressing my self to the world, to see myself from inside.... The first step is to give my formal introduction.... My self Nikhilesh(aka nicky) also supposed to be an electronics engineer. Have done M.TECH. in Optical Communication from IIT DELHI. I was in TU/Eindhoven (The Nehterlands) for one year as a research scholar. Currently I am working as a SW QA Engg in Infinera Bangalore. My views are generally optimistic. While doing any work, the last thing I would do is to loose hope. People say I am innocent but I know the depth of innocency. I like to be with myself but I am not agoraphobiac, instead I love to travel. I am charged by observing different people and their cultures.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The weekend escape to Western Ghats

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

- St. Augustine


It is a famous quote by St. Augustine. I personally would like to read the whole book again and again. There is no better experience than to travel and that too with strangers. It was a long weekend since Monday was Independence Day. All of my friends were having some or the other plans and I could not stay in Bangalore being aloof watching movies, sleeping and eating. Through meetups, I found BAT (Bangalore AdvenTurers) planning for 3 days trip to Coorg, Mangalore and Western Ghats. Without giving any next thought, I just registered for it. Had nice 3 days experience of the trip.

Day 1:
The day started dot on time. We left Bangalore at 4 in the morning. It was bit early but for a trip we could do any sacrifice. We were 12 Escapers in 3 Cars. Our first stop was Kodur for the Breakfast. We had long drive through the zig zag paths of Western Ghats. Going with strangers is always a fun. It makes your vision broad and you get to share cultures. Next we stopped at ApsaraKonda falls in the search of Apsaras. Unfortunately we didn’t find any Apsaras there. Taking bath in small but forceful waterfall was real fun. Now its evening time and there is no other better place to spend sun set time then beach. We went to ECO beach in Honnavar. It was a lovely spot with perfectly clean water and dazzling sunlight which was supposed to be party beach but it turned out to be a meditation beach. I did short but peaceful meditation there. The night we stayed in Honnavar. 


Day 2:
Next day early morning we left for Murudeshwar. The view of gigantic Shiva with Arabian Sea in the background was mesmerizing. The noon we spent at Turtle bay beach. It was a scenic route alongside the beaches. In between there were many points where we couldn't resist to stop our Cars. We entered into the sea on the Turtle bay beach and had lunch there in Turtle bay resort. The sea water was quite rough due to Mansoon. Pebbas Ice-cream parlor in Mangalore was our next stop. If you are going to Mangalore then it's a must go place. It started raining heavily. In between we stopped for very old and famous Chai. It was very different Chai with 3 layers. Night we stayed in Puttur.




Day 3:
Day 3 was very much experiential and amazing. We went through the Western Ghats. It was totally zig zag path and in between there were many small water falls. We went to Madikere in Coorg. It’s nice place for shopping of spices, dry fruits etc. we did some shopping there. Next we stopped at Malalli falls and it made our trip bit adventurous. The way was such that our Cars could not go on the top and it was raining like anything so we need to go by Jeep. The whole group was scattered and we were all drenched. But the view of the fall was amazing. Finally our trip ended but the memory will remain forever :)
Thanks BAT for organizing the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment